Click here for specific information on the Municipal Pension Plan for Staff.
See below information on Pension & Retirement relevant to both faculty (CPP) and staff (MPP) plans:
BC not on board with CPP Pension Reform
Canada Pension Plan live webcast, Nov 19
Join us in a live webcast on Monday, November 19, as three of Canada’s top pension experts debate the various options for expanding the Canada Pension Plan.
Moderated by Susan Harada, associate professor of journalism at Carleton University and former national parliamentary correspondent for the CBC, our panelists will examine how the CLC’s plan, and other plans to expand the CPP can provide a better and more secure retirement for all workers.
WHEN: MONDAY, NOVEMBER 19
TIME: 7:00 – 8:00 PM EST
WHO: Bernard Dussault, former Chief Actuary of the Government of Canada
Dr. Keith Horner, nationally recognized pension consultant
Dr. Michael Wolfson, Research Chair, University of Ottawa
Recent Pension Reform Initiatives
Consult documents related to pension reform initiatives and mandatory retirement here:
- Memo to bcIMC Pension Clients – November 17, 2008 – Financial Market Update
- How Does The Elimination Of Mandatory Retirement Affect Employees? – Prepared by Virginia Cooke (FSA contract chair) and Diane Griffiths (Associate VP, Employee Services)
- FPSE Discussion Paper. Mandatory Retirement – March 2006
- An Economic Primer on Mandatory Retirement. – September 24, 2004 – Presentation by Jonathan R. Kesselman, Professor in the Public Policy program and Canada Research Chair in Public Finance, Simon Fraser University, to the SFU Faculty Association.
- SFUFA Agreement on Mandatory Retirement – May 10, 2007
- UBC Faculty Association FAQ about the moratorium on mandatory retirement for faculty, librarians and program directors.
- UBC Memorandum of Agreement on Mandatory Retirement – May 2, 2007
- B.C Retired Teachers’ Association – an organization for retired educators